Wednesday 9 July 2008

My New PC and PCLinuxOS 2007

Ok so a few words on the spec of my new PC.

Gigabyte S-Series GA-M61PME-S2
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual
Core processor 4600+
2.41GHz each core
1Gb RAM
Digital camera USB Card reader (4 x slots)
SATA 160Gb HD
Nvidia GeForce 6100 onboard graphics card
MCP61 audio

Seems a pretty good machine although perhaps not quite as fast as I had expected running Windows XP SP3 but still pretty good. So now to get PCLinuxOS 2007 running on it. Main problems seem to be:-

Sound mute - just gives an error
Displays in 800x600 despite the fact the it says it is displaying in a higher res
ZIP drive not detected
Card reader not detected
AOL Voyager 105 driver not connecting properly
4 in 1 card reader not detected

As I get these things sorted out so I'll do another post for each although I'll be surprised if I get it all working. Stay tuned...

No comments: